Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Adaptive Cruise Control introduced by Ford
Presenting Adaptive Cruise Control from Ford Motor Company it provides everything conventional cruise control does — keeps a constant speed without having to work the brake or accelerator pedals — plus automatically maintains a comfortable distance from vehicles ahead. You choose from three different distance settings. It allows 3 unique Gap settings (Sporty, Normal, Comfort) — controlled through the steering wheel — to set the comfortable distance desired. It also uses advanced radar technology to scan the driving environment for slower vehicles ahead and slows the vehicle to adapt to the current traffic conditions. Once traffic clears, the system automatically returns to cruise Set speed and normal speed-control function. That's right, so when someone cuts in front of you going 10 miles less per hour the car will slow down maintaining your comfortable distance you set. When they change their mind and get out of you lane the vehicle will increase in speed and you never have to tap the brakes or reset the cruise control. How cool is that?
This is just one of the 2010 Taurus Class Exclusive Features
• 3.5L EcoBoost™ twin-turbo V6 engine with gasoline direct injection
• Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support
• BLIS® (Blind Sport Information System) with Cross Traffic Alert
• Easy Fuel™ capless fuel filler
• Multi-Contour Front Seats with Active Motion
• SecuriCode™ Keyless Entry Keypad
• Sony® surround sound system with 12 speakers and 390 watts
• SYNC® voice-activated communications and entertainment system
• Voice-activated Navigation System with SIRIUS Travel Link™
(1) Class is 5-passenger large cars.
Visit Gresham Ford at 242nd & Powell Blvd or call 503-665-0101 or click www.GreshamFordOnline.com It has been Bess’s(General Manager & co-owner) passion to help local churches and charities. One way is though the Gresham Ford Tithe Back program. When a non-profit supporter gives us the opportunity to perform any service or repair work on their vehicle we will donate 10% of their bill, parts and labor, to their church, charity or non-profit of choice. We will also donate $100 for every vehicle a supporter purchases, and it doesn’t matter if it is new or used. Bess just asks that you not mention the $100 donation until after the purchase has been finalized. She would hate for anyone to think a donation was merely added in to the price.