There are two levels of settings with MyKey: those you can change and those you can not change. Settings you can change include:
- Belt-Reminder chimes until both front passengers are buckled up. The radio will also remain on mute until the safety belts are fastened.
- Low fuel warning begins to appear at 75 miles to empty instead of 50.
- Explicit SiriusXM Satellite Radio channels are blocked
- Cannot deactivate certain features (if equipped): active park assist, BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert, collision warning with brake support, Forward and Reverse Sensing Systems and Lane Keeping System
Setting you can change include:
- Limit top speed to 65, 70, 75, or 80 mph - Your choice
- Configure advisory chimes at 45, 55, or 65 mph
- Limit maximum audio volume at 44%
- Set traction control to always remain on
|MyKey Helps Keep To Establish Safe Driving Habits|
Developing a responsible teen driver can be challenging but MyKey from Ford and available at Gresham Ford can help. Keep these tips in mind to help keep your teen safe and responsible.
- Limit Night Driving - Many teen crashes take place between 9 pm and midnight. Beginning drivers initially should be restricted to driving during the day.
- Keep it slow - Remember that teens need to stay away from fast-moving high volume traffic until they feel comfortable and ready.
- Discourage distractions - restrict cell phone usage. Don't let bad habits begin. Whatever it is it can wait until you park.
- Restrict Passengers - Having more than one passenger in the vehicle increases the chance of risky behavior and peer pressure.
- Bad Weather - Prepare your teen for the heavy rain that is so frequent here in Oregon. Talk about tips and share options when you feel like you can't see due to inclement weather.
Creating safe drivers is important to everyone and Gresham Ford is happy to help. For more information about MyKey or other industry first technologies offered by Ford call 503-665-0101 or drop by 1999 East Powell Blvd in Gresham.